Beginning May 18, 2020 Voyageurs National Park will reopen access to overnight tent camping and houseboat mooring sites.
|Site (for entire summer season)||Reservation Fee||Amentiy fee|
|Houseboats||Reservation Fee included in the Amenity Fee||$10 per night|
Where do I get a permit?
- Once a reservation is made online or by phone, a confirmation email will be sent to the permit holder.
- 5 days prior to your arrival another email will be sent telling you how to print your permit.
- Once a permit is printed, you have confirmed your reservation and no refunds will be given.
- Permits must be brought to the park and placed in a rear window of the houseboat. If renting a houseboat, please check with the specific houseboat company on the placement of the permit.
- If a permit does not accompany you to your site, your reservation is void. No refunds will be given.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- If you lose or misplace your permit, stop at one of the park's three visitor centers for assistance.
Houseboaters Who May Want to Tent Camp
- Houseboats cannot pitch a tent at a houseboat site. Tent camping is only allowed at designated sites.
- Houseboaters wishing to pitch a tent, must go to www.recreation.gov and reserve a tent site for those in the party who want to tent camp.
- Houseboats may not moor at a tent site and must be moored at least 200 yards away from any developed site.
- Houseboats are allowed to stay overnight in the two group campsites: R-74 on Rainy Lake and K-54 on Kabetogama Lake. The group must have a permit for the group site plus a permit for each houseboat. The group campsite limit is a minimum 14 and a maximum of 30 people.
Where can I find a map of the houseboat sites?
Voyageurs National Park has partnered with National Geographic who now publishes the official camping map. This map shows the most up-to-date campsites, houseboat, and day-use sites within the park and may be purchased at any of the park's three visitor centers or by going to www.jnpa.com.
How do I cancel a reservation?
- Cancellations must be made by phone to Recreation.gov. Call 1-877-444-6777 to cancel a reservation. You cannot call a park office to make a cancellation or a change in your reservation.
- If you cancel a reservation before you print the permit, you will forfeit the first night's fee of $10.00.
If you cancel a reservation after you print your permit, no refund will be given.
Last updated: May 15, 2020