The National Park Service collects Recreation Fees under the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (FLREA). Recreation Fees provide a vital source of revenue for improving facilities and services for park visitors.
In many national parks, 80% of Recreation Fees improve the park in which they are collected and the remaining 20% is distributed throughout the National Park System. At Voyageurs National Park, 100% of Recreation Fees go back to the park.
Your dollars rehabilitate many facilities within the park such as:
If you have questions about Recreation Fees, please e-mail us
Last updated: June 21, 2017