Permits & Reservations

On This Page - Jump to a Section Navigation


When Do I Need a Permit?

Special activities such as cultural programs, political rallies, picnics, wedding ceremonies, and film and photography projects may require a Special Use Permit.

A Special Use Permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large.These activities require some degree of management from the National Park Service if there is the potential for interference with visitor use, congestion of a highly visited area, or possible impact on park resources or operations. The park may permit a special park use providing the activity will not unduly interfere with normal park operations, cause damage to or distraction from park resources or values or present a threat to public safety or property.

Applying for a Permit

Completed applications must be mailed in hard copy form to the address found at the top of the first page of the application, along with a check or money order for the $75 fee made out to the National Park Service. There is currently no way to submit the application and fee electronically or to pay with a credit card.

Applicants will allow a minimum of two weeks from when their application is received by the park for a permit to be reviewed and issued. This time period may be extended if applications are not complete or additional information is needed.

Frequently Asked Questions About Special Use Permits


Types of Special Use Permits

Permits for Special Events

Permits for Filming/Photography

Permits for First Amendment Activities

For additional information or questions about Special Use Permits, please call (610) 783-1087.


Tour Reservations

Reservations are required for The Encampment Store's private guided tours (hiking, biking, and bus tours) and are strongly recommended for the Trolley Tours. Reservations may be made by calling The Encampment Store at 610-624-5010.

Tour Registration for Groups of 10 or More

Advanced group registration will improve the experience for groups of 10 or more visiting the Park. Knowing when your group is going to arrive will ensure that it will be best accommodated at the visitor center, the Encampment Store, and the park theater. The registration service is free, as is admission to all park facilities. Simply complete the on-line form; you will receive a registration confirmation within 48 hours. When possible, please try to give us at least 30 days notice of your group's arrival.
Register Here.

Road-based Commercial Tour Commercial Use Authorization Information

The NPS has a standardized road-based commercial tour commercial use authorization (CUA) requirement and fee agency-wide. The standard CUA process affects road-based commercial tour operations. Learn more here.

Last updated: June 2, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

1400 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia , PA 19406


610 783-1000

Contact Us

Stay Connected