The Timucuan Preserve can be reached by boat, bike, car, RV or foot. However you intend on getting here, we recommend doing some planning first. As part of a large urban park system, we have something to offer every visitor.
Tips for Visiting:
- The address listed above is for the main visitor center located at Fort Caroline, if you plan on visiting Theodore Roosevelt Area, American Beach, Cedar Point or Kingsley Plantation see our directions page for site addresses.
- Dogs are welcome in the park but must be on a six foot leash at all times.
- Dock closes at 4:30 p.m. at Kingsley Plantation.
- Check the local weather before you come out and bring water and/or sunscreen as needed.
- Be prepared for biting insects including ticks. Bug repellent is recommended.
- A covered picnic area is available next to the visitor center. Picnic tables are avaliable at Theodore Roosevelt Area, Cedar Point, and Kingsley Plantation.
Last updated: October 13, 2020