- Located in Santa Barbara County.
- Forty miles from Ventura; 26.5 miles from the nearest mainland; three miles east of San Miguel Island and six miles west of Santa Cruz Island.
- Santa Rosa is the second largest island in California. Approximately 15 miles wide by 10 miles long; 84 square miles; 53,000 acres.
- Average rainfall-15 inches.
- Radar Mountain is island's tallest peak at 1,589 ft.
- Six endemic plant species occur only on Santa Rosa Island.
- Santa Rosa Island is home to only three native terrestrial mammals-the island fox, island spotted skunk, and island deer mouse. They are all endemic to the Channel Islands.
- Reptiles and amphibians include the alligator lizard, Baja California tree frog, and three endemic species-the island gopher snake, island fence lizard, and Channel Islands slender salamander.
Island Facts: Santa Rosa Island
Last updated: April 27, 2016