Permits & Reservations

Certain activities at Capitol Reef National Park require that you obtain a permit prior to your visit. Information and applications are available by clicking on the links below.

Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)
Tour operators who engage in interpretive tours, bicycle tours, motorcycle tours, photography workshops, and certain other commercial services are required to obtain a CUA prior to visiting Capitol Reef National Park.

Special Use Permits (SUP)
The Special Use Permit (SUP) authorizes activities that benefit an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. This requires written authorization and management control in order to protect park resources and the public interest.

Backcountry Permits
A backcountry permit is required for backpacking in Capitol Reef National Park. The permit is free and can be obtained at the visitor center during normal business hours.

Last updated: December 7, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

HC 70, Box 15
Torrey, UT 84775



Contact Us