Doing Business With The Park

On This Page Navigation


Business Permits and Commercial Use Authorizations

Commercial Services Updates

COVID-19 Pandemic Guidance for Multi-day Road-based Tours

Public Transit Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)

Commercial Use Authorization Suspension, Restriction, Revocation, and Application Denial Policy

Passenger Vehicle Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs)

All commercial passenger transportation companies that wish to operate in Yosemite National Park must hold a valid 2022 CUA.

All companies wishing to obtain a 2021 Commercial Passenger Vehicle Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) are required to fill out the 2022 Bus CUA [1 MB PDF]. This document also describes the necessary insurance and PUC documents to be included in your application package.

New companies (defined as a company that has not held a bus CUA in the last two years) will need to fill out a CUA application [900 kb PDF].

Returning companies will need to fill out the 2021 annual report [750 kb PDF].

Once completed, email these documents to

The mandatory $450 CUA processing fee may be paid through

Once all paperwork and fees have been received allow up to 30 days to process your CUA.

Please note: We will not process any CUAs after October 31, 2022 as we require this time to develop the CUA for 2023.

Important note: Beginning May 16, 2022, commercial tour entrance fees must be paid by debit or credit card.

You can view entrance fees for commercial tours.

If you have any questions, please email or call 209/347-2697 or 209/379-1854.

Guiding Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs)

Organizations wishing to conduct commercial activities must obtain a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA). Activities include, but are not limited to:

  • hiking and backpacking
  • step-on guiding
  • photography or art workshops
  • Fishing
  • Cross-country skiing or snowshoeing
  • winter backpacking and snow camping

New companies (defined as a company that has not held a CUA in the last 2 years) should contact the Commercial Use Office at 209/347-6412 or by email.

Returning organizations must have submitted an Annual Report [750 kb PDF] for the previous year and, if required, paid the Market Price Fee, before a new CUA will be issued. Please contact the Commercial Use Office at 209/347-6412 or by email.

If you're leading a trip in Yosemite, please ensure your group is aware of park regulations and safety issues. When open, reservations are required for bus parking at Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. Be sure to check the Yosemite National Park Conditions and Alerts before heading to the Park.

Additional maps related to special regulations and camping closures along with a list of approved bear canisters are outlined in Part 7 of the park's compendium. [2.64 MB PDF]

Authorized Guides

View a list of authorized guides.

Special Use Permits

Special Events Permits, First Amendment Permits, and Right-of-Way Permits

Film Permits

Wedding Permits

Permission to Scatter Cremated Remains

Educational Fee Waivers

Research and Collection Permits

Wilderness Permits

Half Dome Permits

Last updated: September 30, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info



Contact Us

Stay Connected