Distance: 1 mile one way / 2 miles round trip
Elevation Change: Approximately 100 feet
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Type of Trail: Out and back, not a loop
Trailhead: End of the Harpers Corner Road, 31 miles north of the Canyon Visitor Center.
Trail starts with a short descent but is then fairly level with a few moderate ups and downs. The end of the trail features an overlook with sweeping views of the river canyons with the Green River 2,500 feet (762 meters) below. Number stops correspond to a trail brochure that is available at the trailhead or monument visitor centers. The National Geographic Trails Illustrated map of Dinosaur National Monument is available from the park bookstore.
Rules and Regulations
- Pets are not allowed on this trail.
- Carry out all trash.
- Collecting artifacts, fossils, plants, or other objects is prohibited.
- Do not feed or approach wildlife.
- Biking is not permitted on this trail.
- Be prepared for desert hiking: Take a hat, sunscreen, and water. A minimum of 2 quarts of water per person is recommended in the summer.
- Let someone know where you're going and when you're due back, especially if you're hiking in a remote area.
- Wear comfortable shoes, such as hiking boots or athletic shoes. Open-toed shoes are not recommended.
- This is mountain lion and black bear country. Keep small children close.