Plan for a safe visit:
- Boardwalks may be slippery in wet or freezing weather.
- Seek shelter indoors or in a low place when thunderstorms approach. Follow the instructions of park staff during tornado warnings.
- Avoid tick bites in the prairie by staying on the trails. Wearing long sleeves and pants will also reduce exposure, but be sure to check your clothes when you are done walking.
- The banks of Hoover Creek are badly eroded and very unstable. Stay off the creek banks and out of the creek itself.
- Use designated crosswalks when crossing streets and roadways.
- Do not climb on fences or trees.