Permits & Reservations

Park and Permit Information

No reservations are needed to visit Zion National Park
Park information is available by calling the Park Information Phone Line at 435-772-3256.

Angels Landing Proposed Day Use Permit and Lava Point Campground Fee

Wilderness Permit Information

The Zion Wilderness is a spectacular network of colorful canyons, forested mesas, and striking deserts. Over 124,000 acres of Zion National Park is designated as official Wilderness. Click on the links below for detailed Wilderness information:

Special Use Permits

The Special Use Permit (SUP) authorizes activities that benefit an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large and that require written authorization and management control in order to protect park resources and the public interest. Examples include: weddings, memorial services, commercial filming and/or photography, special assemblies, First Amendment activities, athletic events, or collecting of resource materials. Each of these activities requires a special use permit that must be acquired in advance.

Commercial Use Authorizations

Any commercial activity, other than commercial filming and/or photography, requires a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA).

The Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) program authorizes the provision of suitable commercial services to park area visitors, as long as three conditions are met: the services (a) will have minimal impact on the park area’s resources and values; (b) are consistent with the purposes for which the park area was established; and (c) are consistent with all applicable park area management plans, policies and regulations.

The Superintendent grants CUAs to businesses when there are no fixed commercial facilities within a national park area; the commercial activity originates and terminates outside the park; no money changes hands on park lands; and no commercial solicitation occurs on park lands.

CUA permits are available for the following activities:

  • Commercial Interpretive Services (limited trail use)
  • Bicycle Tours
  • Photography or Painting Workshops
  • Taxi and Recreational Shuttle Services
  • Motorcycle Tours
  • Rental RV Delivery

A business wishing to do any of these activities must procure a CUA in advance and follow the terms and conditions of the authorization. A Zion CUA is valid for one calendar year. Various liability insurance and first aid requirements must be met in order to receive a permit.


Campground Reservations
Reservations for South Campground and Watchman Campground may be made by calling 877-444-6777 or at

Zion Lodge Reservations
The Zion Lodge is located on the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. Open year-round with hotel rooms, cabins, and suites. Zion Lodge also has a gift shop and restaurant. Reservations recommended: 1-888-297-2757

Last updated: August 13, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Zion National Park
1 Zion Park Blvd.
State Route 9

Springdale, UT 84767


Recorded park information available 24 hours a day. Phones are answered 9 am to 4 pm Mountain Daylight Time. You can also send your questions to us at

Contact Us