Monument located on the south side of Union Avenue, approximately 0.4 miles west of Grant Avenue. Also, a marker designating the assault of 19 May 1863 located on Graveyard Road 400 ft west of Union Avenue. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Ralph P. Buckland's and Col. William L. McMillen's 1st Brigade, of Brig. Gen. James M. Tuttle's 3d Division, Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman's XV Army Corps, and commanded by Col. William L. McMillen and Lt. Col. Jefferson Brumback.
Last updated: April 14, 2015