Tremont Parking Lot
25 East U.S. Highway 12, Chesterton, IN 46304
41.648509, -87.049308 (Decimal Degrees)
The picnic shelters are located on the north side U.S. Highway 12, approximately 1/2 mile east of State Road 49 and the Dune Park South Shore train station. There are two entrances that are 50 yards apart.
Need to Know
- Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free (no access fee).
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Pets are permitted on a leash (6' or less).
- Seasonal restrooms and potable water from mid-April through mid-November.
- Covered picnic shelters.
- First come, first served. No advance reservations.
- Alcohol is permitted when used responsibly.
- Cooking fires are permitted in the provided grills or an approved carry-in grill.An approved grill is a noncombustible container with an enclosed bottom and enclosed sides with a minimum depth of 2 inches. Charcoal must be cooled and safely disposed of in a noncombustible container or removed from the area.
- Ample parking.
- Information board.
- Take a break from driving.