Porter Beach Parking Lot
Intersection of Wabash Avenue and Johnson Beach Road, Porter, IN 46304.
41.660272, -87.069387 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Facilities – Seasonal restrooms and potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Glass and fires on the beach, littering.
- Prohibited – Removing plants, rocks, shells, and fossils.
- Parking lots are paved and can fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Parking lot is the site of a former hotel.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Poison ivy can be present on the edges of the parking lot and on the trails to the beach.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- The restroom is wheelchair accessible. The beach is not wheelchair accessible.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.