Trailhead Parking Lots
East Trailhead: 540 North County Line Road, Gary, IN 46403.
West Trailhead: No parking available.
East Trailhead: 41.614961, -87.220661 (Decimal Degrees).
West Trailhead: 41.606822, -87.261051 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
Hours & Information
- Trail Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Parking Lot Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Ride Distance – 4.6 miles.
- Ride Time – 30 minutes.
- Difficulty – Easy
- Trail Surface – Gravel.
- Facilites – No restrooms or potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Littering, hunting, and removing plants.
- Prohibited – Motorized vehicles.
- The parking lot at the east trailhead is paved. There is a separate entrance to the parking lot off of County Line Road just north of the main West Beach entrance. Do not take the main West Beach entrance road.
- There is no parking lot or amenities at the west trailhead.
- Always wear a helmet when riding a bike.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Be prepared for changing weather conditions.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- Trail is not wheelchair accessible.