Here are some things you might want to know about the Chickasaw National Recreation Area before you visit the park and surrounding area.
- Six campgrounds provide over 400 campsites throughout the park.
- While rental cabins and other lodging are not present in the park, many options are available in the surrounding area.
- Pets are allowed in the park and on most trails. Dogs are not allowed in swimming areas.
- Campfires are allowed in provided fire grates. Depending on the time of year and weather conditions, a burn ban may be in effect.
- Over twenty miles of trails provide a variety of experiences in the park.
- South-central Oklahoma is subject to seasonal thunderstorms. Storm shelters are available in the nearby community of Sulphur.
- The speed limit on roads in the park is 45 MPH (72 KPH) or slower; all passengers must wear seatbelts.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page has lots of additional information that visitors often want to know.