Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where do I go for more information for Camping, RVs, Trailer, Day Use, Cabins, Group Sites, Boat Sites or Horse Sites?

A:, part of the Recreation One-Stop E-Gov initiative, offers and provides a single point of access to information about Federal recreational activities and reservations. It provides a comprehensive source of information about thousands of Federal recreation opportunities. Information about recreation opportunities on Federal lands is displayed based on the interests of the customer, not centered on the agency providing the recreation opportunity.

Q: How do I get to Golden Gate National Recreation Area managed park sites?

A: Golden Gate National Recreation Area is comprised of more than 82,000 acres. The park spans across three counties. See our Directions webpage, view or download maps, or visit Places to Go to learn about park sites.

Q: How do I get to the Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden, or California Academy of Sciences?

A: Those particular areas are part of Golden Gate Park which is managed by the city and county of San Francisco and is not affilitated with the National Park Service. For more information, please visit the city's website at:

Q: Where can I park my RV?

A: Unfortunately, Golden Gate National Parks does not have the facilities to handle RV's.

Q: Where can I find out more information about the Golden Gate Bridge?

A: The Golden Gate Bridge is managed by the Golden Gate Bridge District, please visit their site for more information:

Q: How can I request brochures or park passport stamps or Junior Ranger materials?

A: Yes. Please email us your mailing address so we can send you some brochures about the park or if you're local, drop by one of our visitor centers for more information. Please do not send cash, checks, or self addressed stamped envelopes with your request. Unfortunately, we are unable to mail internationally.

Many popular items are available on online:
Publications: Publications - Golden Gate National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service) (
Passport stamps: 2023 Virtual Passport Cancellation - Golden Gate National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service) (
Junior Ranger: Be A Junior Ranger - Golden Gate National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service) ( or other National Park Service Junior Ranger materials: National Junior Ranger Booklets (U.S. National Park Service) (
Golden Gate 50th Anniversary: 50 Years of Golden Gate National Recreation Area - Golden Gate National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service) (

To expedite the process, please format your address in your email as shown below:

Street Address
City, State ZIP code

Q: How do I find our more about the National Park Service?

A: Visit the DataStore application. The digital repository for the National Park Service that provides tools for discovering documents and datasets relevant to park resources.

Q: How do I get a copy of my Incident Report (Police Report)?

A: See our webpage "How to Request a Police Report" for the process.

Q: Need more search options?

A: The information you are seeking may already be available on-line. Before making a FOIA request, you may wish to conduct a search of agencies’ websites to see what is already publicly available.

  • Use this link to search across all government websites at once.

  • Another great place to search is GovInfo which has collections from Congressional Records, Congressional Hearings, Presidential papers, the Federal Register and United States Court opinions.

  • is a another source for information about U.S. Government agencies and services.

  • Maps and Geographical Information: If you are seeking geographical information or want to verify if a particular tract belongs to the National Park Service, go on-line to TractsNet and search by park name or visit California Protected Area Database to view multiple jurisdictions including national park lands.

Q: Still haven't found an answer to your question?

A: Please visit our extended list of frequently asked questions.

Last updated: February 15, 2024

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Golden Gate National Recreation Area
201 Fort Mason

San Francisco, CA 94123


United States Park Police Dispatch: Non-Emergency: 415-561-5505 Emergency: 415-561-5656

Contact Us