Partial Phased Expansion of Services
In accordance with the State of Ohio Responsible Restart Ohio Plan, The White House Phased Resumption of Services Plan, and Center for Disease Control guidelines, the park has entered the second phase of its reopening plan. We will continue to coordinate with state and federal health departments to safely continue phased reopening operations of the park.
Here are the important changes to park operations:
- Guided tours are only available on weekend dates only, until further notice.
- Guided Tours will resume of the 1st floor rooms of the Young home (Youngsholm) only. There will be a limit of 10 people at a time allowed in the House.
- The restroom on the first floor of the house will be OPEN
- Rangers will be available to answer questions and provide interpretation.
- To allow time for deep cleaning of all facilities, the house will only be open for guided tours (by appointment only) on weekends only. Staff will ensure public spaces are cleaned appropriately before, during and after guided tour visits. Please do not request a tour for a time or date that falls outside of the weekend.
Guided Tour Scheduling Request
Please be sure to read and understand the park's Phased Reopening Guidlines before you email us. You can Contact Us with your tour date and times request and we will do our best to accommodate. All tour requests must be emailed at least seven (7) days prior to the request date (with the exception of the inital reopening weekend of July 4th/5th - staff will do their best to accommodate requests for this weekend).
All visitors are strongly recommended to follow and State of Ohio COVID-19 guidelines, including social distancing of at least six feet and the wearing of cloth face coverings. Please keep this in mind and be respectful of others.
Be advised that the limit of ten visitors at a time in the house may lead to a wait before entry. With that in mind, please provide us with two different times on your requested tour date. We cannot guarantee either of the times will be available, but we will do our best to accommodate all requests.
The National Park Service and the staff of Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument welcome you back!