Fee:Free. There is no cost to volunteer for this event. If you would like to recreate in the park after the event, please be sure to pay your entrance fee and display your pass while in the park.
Location: LAT/LONG: 37.641703, -112.822121
The Alpine Pond Trailhead is a small parking lot between the Chessmen Ridge Overlook and the North View Overlook. There is limited parking in this location.
Dates & Times
Type of Event
Check-in and orientation will begin at 8:30 a.m. Volunteers are welcome to volunteer up to four hours with all work concluding at 12:30 p.m.
Join us at Cedar Breaks National Monument to show some love for the park's wonderful trails on National Trails Day. This event is meant for individuals or groups of all ages. To participate, meet at the Alpine Pond Trailhead. Prior registration at www.volunteer.gov is requested.
- Trash pick-up
- Snow/debris removal
- Trail clearing (vegetation)
Volunteers will need to be able to perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Walk/hike on steep, snow-covered, uneven terrain at an elevation of over 10,000 ft.
- Carry up to 20 lbs.
- Take written and/or verbal instruction
- Bend over to pick up items off the ground
- Work well in a group environment
All work will be done at high elevation. Ice and snow patches are still present along park trails. In early Summer, weather can range from sunny and warm, to windy and raining. The following list can help you prepare yourself for the day’s activities:
- Check the weather beforehand
- Bring sunscreen and sunglasses (even if there’s snow)
- Pack extra layers
- Wear shoes with good grip (and wool socks if you’ve got ‘em)
- Trash bags
- Work gloves
- Other PPE
Additional Questions? Contact the Cedar Breaks National Monument office at e-mail us for help, or call (435)986-7120 M-F, 8:30-4:30.
Reservation or Registration: Yes
Contact InformationGale Steck