Long Term Volunteering
Pinnacles is fortunate to have a range of volunteers that work for all our park offices! Some of the long-term ways to volunteer are:
- Preventative Search & Rescue:
- Vegetation & Restoration: picking invasive plants, surveying remote backcountry areas, collecting seeds, restoring habitat.
- Condors: monitoring and testing procedures.
- Trails: clearing overgrowth, clearing disability-access trails, rock work in the caves, monitoring the pig fence.
- Interpretation & Education: giving educational programs to schoolgroups, talking to visitors on trail about park resources, staffing the Nature Center.
- Night Skies: helping with Star Gazer Parties, assessing light pollution at night.
Group & Event Volunteering
Trail work, plant habitat restoration, and condor habitat surveys are all recurring projects the park offers for volunteers to participate in! We offer scheduled service learning events to groups such as scout troops, business teams, wedding parties, school classes. We also have monthly recurring "drop-in" service events for interested individuals, no reservation or group required! Does your business or organization want to take part in a team-building restoration project? If so, we have many opportunities that can accommodate large groups. Please e-mail us for more information!
At this time we are only scheduling volunteer programs on a Monday-Friday basis, as weekend crowds require the full staff to manage. If a weekday program would be of interest, reach out to us through the above link to chat about what's available!