Special Use Permits

Many companies hold special events within Lake Mead National Recreation Area. These events are authorized through special use permits. To see what large events are scheduled, visit our calendar of events. If you would like to hold a special event in the park, click here to apply for a permit.

Film Permits

Many movies have been filmed at Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Commercial filming and some non-commercial filming and still photography require a permit. To find you if you need a permit to film in the park, click here.

First Amendment Permits

The National Park Service has long recognized freedom of speech, press, religion and public assembly. However, the courts have held that certain activities associated with exercising these rights may be reasonably regulated to protect park resources and the public's legitimate use of the park's resources. Click here for information on First Amendment permits and designated First Amendment areas. For groups over 25, you are required to file a permit.

Commercial Use Authorization Permits

Individuals, groups, companies or other for-profit entities must obtain a commercial use authorization to conduct commercial activities and provide specific visitor services within a national park unit. The National Park Service issues CUAs to manage a wide-range of commercial visitor services in addition to road-based commercial tours. At Lake Mead National Recreation Area this includes guided kayak trips, scuba diving classes, fishing trips, boat services, and much more. To apply for a CUA permit, click here.

Research Permits

All research projects and/or specimen collection on National Park Service (NPS) lands require a scientific research and collecting permit. All research and collecting permits are obtained through a proposal and review period that may require up to 90 days. For more information, click here.

Last updated: September 8, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

601 Nevada Way
Boulder City, NV 89005


(702) 293-8990

Contact Us