Planning a trip to James A. Garfield National Historic Site this summer? Here's what to expect while visiting.
At this time, the Visitor Center is open Tuesday- Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed on Monday. Grounds and restrooms
are open daily 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
In the Visitor Center
- The site movie and ranger-led Google 360 tour begin at the top of every hour starting at 10:00 a.m. The last presentation is at 3:00 p.m. The site movie is 18 minutes, and the Google 360 tour is approximately 40 minutes immediately following the site movie.
- Interpretive exhibits with artifacts from the Garfields are open for viewing. Highly touchable surfaces are cleaned frequently. Social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- Passport stamps, Junior Ranger books, B.A.R.K Ranger books, and several brochures are available at the Front Desk upon request.
On the Grounds
- Walk the loop path while listening to our cell phone tour. There are 10 stops on the tour and can be done at your leisure.
- Children can earn their James A. Garfield National Historic Site Junior Ranger badge! Books can be picked up at the Front Desk in the Visitor Center.
- Do you have a dog traveling with you? They can become a James A. Garfield B.A.R.K Ranger! Books can be picked up at the Front Desk in the Visitor Center.
Want to explore these options before coming? Below you can find links to the virtual house tour, site movie, cell phone tour, Junior Ranger, and B.A.R.K. Ranger. If you have any other questions please call the site at (440) 255-8722.