Park is closed due to Covid-19. We look forward to reopening the trails when it is safe for employees and visitors.
Two trails we recommend during the Park Central Road closures. Please stop by Park Headquarters for maps and information.
Perimeter Trail-trail begins at the entrance of the park. There are different access points throughout the park. Parking available at the Park Headquarters.
Azalea Trail- 1.2 miles
Bathroom facilities available at Park headquarters from 8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. seven days a week.
NO access by vehicle during the road closure.
Dogwood trail- 1.5 miles
Parking lot available along Park Central Road.
Blueberry trail- 0.8 miles
* All dogs must be on a leash and owners must pick up after their pet.
* No bikes or horses are allowed on the trails.
* The park closes at dusk so plan your trail walk or hike.
* Prepare for your hike- bring water, cell phone, and a trail map. Use tick and insect repellant.
* Please call the U.S. Park Police at 202-610-7500 for any emergency, need of ambulance or criminal activity.
*Please call our Park headquarters for any trail maintenance issues at 301-344-3948.
Perimeter trail 5.3 miles
Be alert to changing climate conditions. Check the weather before hiking or walking on the trails. Do not hike under severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, blizzards, or expected high wind conditions.
The brochures are available in the park at the Park Headquarters.