Permits & Reservations


Academic Fee Waivers

Are you an educator bringing a group into the park? You may apply for a waiver of park entrance fees. Commercial enterprises are not eligible for fee waivers.


Hiking Permits

  • Backcountry camping in the Orange Cliffs area of Glen Canyon National Recreation Area requires a permit from Canyonlands National Park.
  • Backcountry camping in the Coyote Gulch area requires a permit. You can obtain a permit at the Escalante Interagency Visitor Center in the town of Escalante, UT or at one of the entry trailheads.
  • Overnight hikes along the Paria River require a permit from the Bureau of Land Management.


No campgrounds operated by Glen Canyon National Recreation Area take reservations, but some developed campgrounds within the park operated by park concessioners do.

Last updated: March 5, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 1507
Page, AZ 86040


(928) 608-6200
Receptionist available at Glen Canyon Headquarters from 7 am to 4 pm MST, Monday through Friday. The phone is not monitored when the building is closed.

Contact Us