Groups that would like to make arrangements to reserve the following courts or fields for group practice or play should contact the National Park Service permit coordinator on 202-690-5152.
Completion of an application for a special use permit and adherence to park regulation is required for:
- Fort Dupont: Multipurpose Fields, Tennis Courts, Basketball Court, Baseball Field.
- Fort Mahan: Multipurpose Field.
- Fort Davis: Baseball field
- Fort Greble: Baseball field, Basketball Court
- Fort Reno: Baseball fields, Tennis Courts
- Fort Stanton: Football, Basketball Court, Tennis Courts, Baseball fields
The National Park Service Civil War Defenses of Washington offer two areas for community gardening.
- Fort Dupont Community Gardens is located at the corner of Fort Dupont and Fort Davis Drives. Please call 202-829-2163 for information.
- Fort Stevens Community Gardens is located at 13th Street and Fort Stevens Dr., NW. Please call 202-895-6000 for information.
Picnic Area Reservations:
Restrooms are located in each of these areas. In addition, National Park Service Defenses of Washington feature Non-Reserved, First-Come, First-Served picnic areas at the following locations:
- Picnic Area #47A at Randle Circle: capacity of 50 people
- Picnic Area #47 at Randle Circle: capacity of 75 people
- Historic Earthwork (Lanham Estates) Picnic Area on Alabama Avenue: capacity of 75 people
- Randle Circle, Ridge Picnic Area
- Bruce Place, Fort Place (in front of the Anacostia Museum)
- Fort Chaplin Park (on Texas Avenue, SE, between B and C Streets, SE).