2020 African American History Programs
Kneading in Silence: A Glimpse into the Life of the Enslaved Cook JudahThis 30 minute presentation discussing the life of Judah, the enslaved cook of Belle Grove. Purchased by the Hite's with her two young boys, Judah remained their cook until her death in 1836. This program will take place in the winter kitchen of the Belle Grove Manor House.
Offered select Sundays
May - October
• Bonus Date: *Belle Grove opening day, Saturday, March 21 at 11:30 am - Cancelled due to Covid
• May 24 at 2:30 pm - Cancelled due to Covid
• June 21 at 2:30 pm - Cancelled due to Covid
• July 26 at 2:30 pm - Cancelled due to CovidTentative future dates. Check back to see what the status of programming is during the pandemic.
• August 16 at 2:30 pm
• September 20 at 2:30 pm
• October 18 at 2:30 pm
• Bonus Date: Inalienable Rights Saturday, November 7
To learn about all ranger led programs and activities, please check out our calendar page.
Last updated: June 12, 2020