Start your visit at the Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center on 246 Market Street where general information is offered. To get to our free parking lot, enter 304 Dutton Street, Lowell MA, 01852 as the destination.
Information about additional park sites can be found here.
Please note: Vehicle parking at most National Park locations is available only at city garages for a fee or on street metered parking. You are welcome to park at the Visitor Center parking lot for any park activities and either take the trolley (in season) or walk to these National Park sites.
Getting to the Visitor Center
From Interstate Route 495 take Exit 35C on to the Lowell Connector
From Route 3 take Exit 30A if traveling southbound, Exit 30B if traveling northbound.
• Take the Lowell Connector to Exit 5B Thorndike Street.
• Continue right on to Thorndike Street, which becomes Dutton Street.
• At the third traffic light continue straight under the overpass.
• At the next light turn right into the Visitor Center Parking Lot. Free parking is available here during Park operating hours in the gated section of the lot with ticket validation at the Visitor Center.
• From the lot, follow the set of steps located behind the flag pole and continue walking through the courtyard. The Visitor Center will be on your left.
Commuter rail service is available from Boston's North Station to Lowell's Gallagher Terminal. View the MBTA schedule for the Lowell Line. Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) shuttles buses run between Gallagher Terminal and downtown Lowell Monday through Saturday. Please view the schedule for the LRTA “Downtown Shuttle.”
Did You Know?
By 1850 the mills in Lowell were annually producing enough cloth to circle the earth twice!