Old Courthouse Theater
The first floor of the Old Courthouse is accessible from the Broadway Street side (west side) by wheelchair lift. Portable ramps are available for access into the first floor galleries only.
The following are also available:
Accessible rest rooms and drinking fountains on the first floor.
An interactive kiosk provides accessibility information. Through the use of the interactive computer, one can "visit" the upper floors or the top of the dome.
Video programs which show ranger-led programs and locales on the upper floors.
The film "Slavery on Trial: The Dred Scott Decision" is open captioned and audio enhancement is available.
Audio enhancement devices for ranger-led programs are available at the information desk.
Walkways and a drinking fountain are accessible in Luther Ely Smith Square, located east of the Old Courthouse between Fourth Street and Memorial Drive.
Audio readings of the park brochures are available on cassette tape in the Old Courthouse Gift Shop.
A video of the Dred Scott exhibit on the second floor rotunda is available for viewing upon request.
Did You Know?
Land for the Historic Old Courthouse was donated in 1816 by Judge John Baptisite Charles Lucas and St. Louis founder Rene Auguste Chouteau. More...