Dunbar Beach Parking Lot
Intersection of Dunbar Avenue and Lake Front Drive, Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
41.683551, -87.002856 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Facilities – Seasonal restrooms and potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Glass and fires on the beach, littering.
- Prohibited – Removing plants, rocks, shells, and fossils.
- Parking lot is paved and can fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Parking lot is the site of a former homesite.
- There is a picnic table at the parking lot.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Poison ivy can be present on the edges of the parking lot and on the trails to the beach.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- The picnic table and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. The beach is not wheelchair accessible. There is a very good view of Lake Michigan from the parking lot.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- Walk past five historic homes from the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair, which are located just to the east along Lake Front Drive.
- Smelt fishing in the spring (no permit required).