The National Park Service explains decisions, documents information, and shares knowledge through a variety of publications, many of which are available online. This online library includes both contemporary and historical reports.
NPS Public Databases
- Archeology: The National Archeological Database contains information on archeological activities nationwide.
- eTIC: The Technical Information Center's database and collection contains documents and drawings that are used in the planning, development, construction, modification, and repair of buildings and facilities in the parks.
- IRMA: The Integrated Resource Management Applications (IRMA) Portal provides access to a number of NPS applications that store natural and cultural resource information, such as:
- Data Store: Natural and cultural resource documents and datasets
- NPSpecies: Occurrence and status of species in more than 300 national parks
- Park Visitor Use Statistics: Historic, current, and forecasted visitor use
- NPGallery: NPGallery features NPS digital media including photos, documents, drawings, audio, video, maps, and GIS images.
- NPS Library: This centralized catalog includes materials stored at individual park and regional libraries.
- National Register of Historic Places: The National Register lists the nation's historic places worthy of protection.